- Social networking and the use of emails as primary form of communication in business and in the work place as well as personal relationship of all people around the world. The heavy uses of the foregoing communications have generated vulnerabilities to commission of cyber crimes.
- Online banking, investment, retail, and wholesale trade transactions as well as intellectual property distribution through the use of internet are very susceptible to information theft, fraud, misappropriation and other cyber crimes.
- Cyber activities of foreign rogue governments and terrorist organization primarily for the purpose of raising funds for their espionage, warfare and terror campaigns.
- Internet users shall have a level of awareness in respect to the methods being usually used by cyber criminals. Companies must conduct an information campaign which aims to promote awareness on the different cyber crimes and the ways to prevent the commission of such crimes.
- Companies and people using the internet for personal use shall install some anti-malware software on their computer system. They shall likewise ensure that their anti-malware is updated.
- Scanning emails especially with large attachments is must.
- Encryption of sensitive data stored in the computer. It takes a longer period for hackers to open encrypted files which will give the owner of the files to take appropriate action as soon as a breach is detected. Financial data shall be encrypted at all times since these are the primary targets of cyber criminals.
- Lastly, password to every single account (email, online banking account, social networking, and discount websites account) shall always be strong and hard to decrypt or decode.
Did you find our blog post informative? You do not have to do research on your topic again!
If you are interested to subscribe to our email club fill out our form by clicking on the the link below
to receive the most current and up to date information about your topic!
Thanks to Getty Images for the image.