Essay on Firearms and Crimes
Write a 1250-1500 word essay that thoroughly explores the following questions: a) Do you believe that removing firearms from otherwise lawful citizens reduces the opportunity for crime? If so, how? b) Do you believe that gun laws will remove access to firearms by criminals? Why or why not?
The proponents of gun control law fear that it will only create lawlessness in our society. In their desire to appeal to the public's emotion and get public support they have created an image of a gun ownership is inherently immoral which can be considered as tantamount to bigotry (Kates 2). In 1967, Sidney Harris once said that “"The mere possession of a gun is, in itself, an urge to kill, not only by design, but by accident, by madness, by fright, by bravado." (Kates 1). The mass media also portrays the gun owners as psychopaths who thirst for blood. This is, however, totally devoid of empirical basis.
The Reliable and Affordable Essay Writing Services
1. Essay on Politics of Criminal Investigation
2. Essay on Broken Windows Policy
3. Essay on Ethics in Policing and Corrections
4. Essay on Crime in America
5. Essay on Politics in the Criminal Justice System
6. Essay on Policing and the Society
7. Essay on Technology in Law Enforcement
8. Essay on Emerging Technology and Law Enforcement
8. Essay on Use of Police Informant in Criminal Investigation