Facts about Renewable Energy:
- According to Phyllis Cuttino, director of the Clean Energy Program at the Pew Charitable Trusts and Michael Liebreich, CEO of Bloomberg New Energy Finance, worldwide installed capacity of renewable energy has now surpassed that of nuclear power.
- Global investment in clear energy increased by $243 billion in 2010 up by 30% from the previous year.
- In less than a decade clean energy has grown from a niche industry to a significant source of trade, investment, manufacturing and job creation.
- Wind energy is already competitively priced and has attracted half of all G-20 clean energy investments in recent years.
- The solar sector is the fastest growing clean energy industry because prices of solar panels have declined by more than 60% in the last thirty months. Solar modules are also expected to cost half as much as they did four years ago.
- Europe continues to lead the world in investments attracting $94.4 billion in 2010. Investment in Germany more than doubled to $41.2 billion. The United States is in third while Italy obtained the fourth slot with $14 billion investment. France is in fifty with $4 billion.
- Europe’s global clean energy investment is now being challenged by Asia. In Asia, China is the world leader attracting $54.4 billion in investment in 2010.
Image: xedos4 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net