Providing students in high school and college with free sample essays, research papers, term papers, thesis and dissertation. If you are a working student, working mom who needs to get a degree, a student busy with his personal life or other activities in school, this blog is created especially for you. We hope you can find useful, relevant and educational materials for your research in our blog.
Visit our website www.smartessaywriters.com
Are you looking for an essay on suicide or facts about suicide or persuasive essay on suicide?
September 10 is World Suicide Prevention Day. In this day, we are reminded that suicide is a serious public health problem in the United States. Each year, more than 34,000 individuals commit suicide. It is the 11th leading cause of death in the United States. Among the common methods used in suicide is use of firearm, suffocation and poisoning.
Facts about Suicide according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1. In 2007 suicide was the eleventh leading cause of death for all ages
2. More than 34,000 suicides occurred in the U.S. This is the equivalent of 94 suicides per day; one suicide every 15 minutes or 11.26 suicides per 100,000 population
3. Males take their own lives at nearly four times the rate of females and represent 78.8% of all U.S. suicides
4. Suicide is the second leading cause of death among 25-34 year olds and the third leading cause of death among 15- to 24-year olds
5. Among 15- to 24-year olds, suicide accounts for 12.2% of all deaths annually
Risk Factors in Suicide
1. History of previous suicide attempts
2. Family history of suicide
3. History of depression or other mental illness
4. History of alcohol or drug abuse
5. Stressful life event or loss
6. Easy access to lethal methods
7. Exposure to the suicidal behavior of others
Suicide is a public health issue. It is not an issue that one should keep for himself. It will help a lot if a person will talk about and consult with professionals.
We are the leading provider of affordable essay writing services in the United States and the United Kingdom. If you need essays on suicide or facts about suicide we will help you write well written essays on suicide at very affordable rates starting at $7.50/page.